Have you ever crushed garlic?
1. Read the words in the box and use them to complete the gaps from the passage below. Try to complete whatever you can before you listen to/watch the video. Look up the meaning of those words you do not know. The sentences in the passage are not necessarily the same in the audio, but they are part of the instructions on how to crush garlic. You should be able to complete.
|Peel-crush-chop-sprinkle over-scrape up-squish-squash-bulb-cloves|
How to ______ garlic by hand
- Start with a whole ________ of garlic.
- Get your separate ______ from the ______ with just a good __________
- ______ cloves by _______ them lightly with the flat of a knife and the heel of your hand.
- _______ garlic finely, then ______ _______ a little salt.
- Use the flat of the blade and a paddling motion to __________the _____________ garlic, working your way across the pile.
- ____________ ____ the garlic into a pile and _______ again, repeating this two or three times until you have a fine paste.
2. Now listen to it – Click here!
3. ONLY after you have listened to it as many times as it can be necessary to accomplish the task, watch the video below or Click here.
This is it!
Start with a whole bulb of garlic. Get your separate bulbs from the cloves with just a good squish.
Peel cloves by crushing them lightly with the flat of a knife and the heel of your hand.
Chop garlic finely, then sprinkle over a little salt.
Use the flat of the blade and a paddling motion to squash the chopped garlic, working your way across the pile. Scrape up the garlic into a pile and crush again, repeating this two or three times until you have a fine paste.
Categories: teaching english